GoDaddy hosting accounts default settings mean that the demo data import will most likely fail. This is due to their overly restrictive file import timeout settings. In order to complete the demo data import on GoDaddy you will need to change your file import timeout settings as follows:
- Login to your GoDaddy account.
- Browser to File Manager
- Create a file called php.ini in the root of your public_html folder
- Edit the php.ini file and add the following: max_execution_time=300
- Save the file
- You will then need to ensure that the setting change has taken effect. This often doesn't happen straight away on GoDaddy - https://support.godaddy.com/help/article/5647/why-isnt-my-php-initialization-file-taking-effect
- You can use this plugin to check your max execution time value - https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-php-info/
- If it doesn't change please contact GoDaddy support. There is also a
way to kill active PHP processes in your control panel but I would
recommend you contact GoDaddy directly to assist you.
- Once it has changed from 120 to 300 you can safely proceed with the demo data import
Other useful related links